Monday 23 June 2014

Creative Nature Bars


My mixed box

Everybody who knows me seems to comment on my (rather large) appetite, and my sweet tooth. In the past, some people have said that they "won't offer me a biscuit as I'm training for a marathon".....nooooooo.......when I'm training I just get hungrier. I'm also fairly lazy at preparing healthy snacks in advance and often grab whatever I can to tide me over, so I know that healthy nutrition is something I could do better.
My box at work was depleted
 when I was away
I was introduced to creative nature bars by another marathon-running friend, but I have to say I was slightly dubious about them. I wasn't sure that anything low in fat with no added sugar could taste nice, especially when I saw the additional dairy-free and gluten-free comments. Never have I been happier to be proven wrong, as I've now found a much more healthy treat to have post-run (the seed bars are high in protein and so aid recovery post-workout) and as a boost pre-run (I hate running when feeling hungry, and the berry bars give you a more natural sugar rush than my previous snacks). I've made a promise to myself to try to improve my nutrition, so here's to a good start......and judging by how a box I kept in my room at work was depleted when I was away......non-runners like them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment